PG De Pinto CV_Bio 2016
Pier Giorgio De Pinto Born: Italy (1968).
He works and lives in Switzerland.
Artist in the Swiss SIK ISEA database (CH).
Basis-Wien database (AU). European-art.net database (CH).
Member of ProLitteris (CH).
Member of AMP artists' meeting place and resource collective, Los Angeles (CA).
Bibliography in the Nebis Network.
Pier Giorgio De Pinto is a trans-disciplinary artist, a performer, a curator, a theorist and a media trainer. De Pinto
strongly uses new media as a thinking medium in which involves the audience, creating performative experiences and
immersive environments.De Pinto is currently studying an hybridisation practice between expanded cinema,
performances, AR (Augmented Reality), VR (Virtual Reality), digital codes, infographics, mapping territories and
human factors. A way to combine different physical and virtual media to tell a story through installations.
The sounds, the objects, the drawings, the coded movies and the interactive installations create spaces that become
devices for developing a poetical and conceptual dimension through sensorial perception, reflections and awareness.The
gesture of the artist removes functionality, adds significance, proposes a new sense, subverts rules, creates a new order.
A transmedia poetic that has the potential to perturb our certainties and our perception.
De Pinto has exhibited and performed in prestigious institutions, museums and art centres, such as Tate Britain and
Whitechapel Gallery (UK); Palazzo Medici Riccardi in Florence, Palazzo Ducale in Genoa and ViaFarini DOCVA in
Milan (I), Pinault Foundation Punta della Dogana, Palazzo Grassi in Venice; MACT/CACT Contemporary Art Ticino,
Haus der elektronischen Künste and Fondation Beyeler in Basel, Le Manoir in Martigny, Cabaret Voltaire Dada Zurich
(CH). He also exhibited in 7th Berlin Biennale, curated by Artur Żmijewski in 2011. He is among the artists selected for
Biennial Manifesta 11, curated by Christian Jankowski in Zurich for the event Cabaret der Künstler – Zunfthaus
Voltaire curated by Manuel Scheiwiller. Recently, De Pinto has been selected for Regionale 17 - the trans-regional art
festival with events and exhibitions in France, Germany and Switzerland.
De Pinto’s works can be found in international public, corporate and private collections.
Since 2010 he is the coordinator and curator of some events of MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino, Switzerland.
Studies & Trainings
After having taken his vocational school diploma in Florence, he went on studying and taking part in courses,
workshops and seminars, carrying on a steadfast study of contemporary culture languages: from the study of plastic
arts, of videos, of computer graphics & digital art and photography, to the study of body considered as a performative
element, taking courses in contemporary dance, oriental disciplines, in communication, form and behavioral
relationship and undergoing training sessions in dubbing and acting at a School of Cinema and a School of Theatre.
Me and the Armenian genocide. Workshop with Edmond Habetian at MAMY Modern Art Museum Yerevan. Armenia.
Workshop of Sumi-e, traditional Japanese Ink wash painting, with the Master Shozo Koike. Nippon Project, Japan
C.O.R.E Strange Foreign Bodies. Workshop SOKA University, CA, USA.
Training with Lynsey Peisinger and Rebecca Davis for "Centerpiece"performance by Marina Abramovic.
Sommernachtsfest - Summer night's Gala 2014, Fondation Beyeler, Basel-Riehen.
Training with the choreographer Claire Filmon, for Huddle performance by Simone Forti. Le Mouvement 2014 –
Performing the City, Biel/Bienne (CH)
C.O.R.E. Strange Foreign Bodies. Collaboration with Jean-Luc Nancy and AMAE Art Collective. MACT/CACT Arte
Contemporanea Ticino (CH).
Workshop with the students of International Academy of Education. Armenian Open University, Department of Fine
Arts. Yerevan, Armenia.
Workshops during the event Spüren in Freiburg (D): Gewaltfreie Aktion. Körper und Bewegung (No violent action.
Body and movement). Workshop by Sarah Bechmann. Freiburg (D). Dialogische Handlung (Dialogical action).
Workshop by Alice Koubova. Freiburg (D). Verkörperung. Tanz. Therapie (Incarnation. Dance. Therapy). Workshop
by Marianne Eberhard-Kaechele.Finding your solo voice. Workshop by choreographer Graham Smith.
Workshop in Spatial Data Art, Urban computing, Geo-Mapping, Social patterns with Prof. Mauro Martino of
MIT, Barabási Lab at Center for Complex Network Research; Harvard University, Boston. USA.
2011 Fundraising Course with Brainard Carey of The Artworld Demystified in New York. USA.
2011 Workshop in experimental theatre with Societas Raffaello Sanzio. Museo MAGA. Italy.
First degree Reiki class. Switzerland.
2008-2009 Rebirthing, breathwork Course. Tenuta dei Ciclamini, Scuola di Mogol, Terni, Italy.
2005 Workshop and performances of Contact improvisation Danze d'Inverno/Dinamiche scomposte with Alessandra
Palma di Cesnola, Vincenzo Carta, Massimiliano Barachini, Barbara Toma, Charlotte Zerbey, Alessandro Certini. Blue
Company and Teatro La Limonaia, Sesto Fiorentino, Florence, Italy.
2004 Video Art Course. Fondazione Ragghianti Lucca, Italy.
School of Cinema, direction, dubbing, acting. Florence, Italy. 2000/2002 School of Theatre, elocution and acting. Prato,
1983/1989 IPA Saffi, Florence, Italy.
Solo Exhibitions (selection)
2016 Creatures #4. Interactive installation at Keck-Kiosk, Basel (CH).
2016 How to heal our broken hearts. Performance and interactive installation at Cabaret Voltaire, Dada Zurich (CH).
2015 Fraught. Double solo show and long durational performance by Pier Giorgio De Pinto & Valter Luca Signorile.
MACT/CACT Contemporary Art Ticino (CH).
2014 Creatures #3. Interactive installation at [.BOX] Videoart Project Space. Milano (I).
2013 Soft-in Soft-out [encoding and decoding]. Riss(e). Studio Ermanno Cristini, Varese (I). Curated by Mario
2012 Pier Giorgio De Pinto. Monographic showreel on Visualcontainer TV by [.BOX], Milano (I). Curated by
Alessandra Arnò e Paolo Simoni.
2011/2012 Strange Fruits. Solo Project room at MACT/CACT (CH) during the show Reflected Vision with John
Campbell and Andrea La Rocca. Curated by Mario Casanova.
2011 Hidden Geographies. Double solo show with Mirko Aretini showing Body Identity and Pier Giorgio De Pinto
showing Future is now. MACT/CACT (CH). Curated by Mario Casanova. The show has been selected for the Swiss
Exhibition Award 2011.
2010 Corpus. Solo Show at CACT (CH). Curated by Mario Casanova.
2009 It’s all about Love. Action without audience/video/photo-set with Franko B (London, UK).
2009 Sicilian yell for Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Performance at Ex-Macelli Art Centre, Prato (I) + video with Giovanni Dal
Monte, Cinzia Ramaglia, Davide Schiano.
2009 I want to be a suicide bomber. Performance and première of the project with Sifir (Zafer Aracagök) and visuals by
Shantidas. La Miroiterie Gallery in Paris (FR).
2009 3D-me/thread me. Premiere of the video for the book and music by Sifir (Zafer Aracagök) Eve Dönmek
Istemiyorum/I Don’t Want to Go back Home at Dogzstar, Istanbul (TR)
2008 Amnios Trilogy. Video with a live performance by choreographer Alessandra Palma di Cesnola In Kantieriù of
Florence (I) on the occasion of Un anno ad Arteù (One year in Art).
2007 Toys are us_The Plastic Bears Wild World. Exhibition at Qube Club, Rome (I). Curated by Francesco Macarone
Palmieri and Gianluca Manna.
2007 Greetings from Unione Europea. Cards from an European Union Intercultural Porn Movie, Long durational
performance at Rialtosantambrogio. Rome, (I). Curated by Annina d’Oronzo/Studiovo.
2006 Pier Giorgio De Pinto. The image in the mirror, Sciorum Gallery, Milan (I). Curated by Giuseppe Carrubba.
2002 Virtual Museum. Ezra Kochka’s Web Project (I). Curated by Massimo Cantarelli.
1999 Dialogo virtuale tra l’autore e se stesso. Video and long durational performance at L’isola che non c’era.
Poggibonsi, Siena (I). Curated by Rossano Fontanelli, Fabio Terreni, Lucia Simeoni.
1999 Del bello e del Moderno. 25th National Congress of Italian Junior Chamber. Reading at the Contemporary Art
Centre Luigi Pecci of Prato (I).
1999 Untitled. Solo show at Europa & Regina Hotel. Venice (I). Curated by Gianfranco Tognarini.
1997 Fermo immagine di dinamici ricordi. La Telaccia Art Gallery in Turin (I). Curated by Marco Viani.
Group Exhibitions (selection)
2016 Regionale 17, a trans-regional art festival – Various venues in France, Germany and Switzerland.
2016 refresh01 – #LAYERS, Spazio Contemporanea Brescia, Italy. Curated by Fabio Paris, Produced by Link Art
2016 Manifesta 11. The European biennial of contemporary art. VV.AA. Various venues. Installation and performance
at Cabaret der Künstler – Zunfthaus Voltaire, Zurich, Switzerland.
2016 Transumarte. Castle of Malaspina Fieschi Doria, Santo Stefano D’Aveto (I). Curated by Ivano Sossella.
2016 Come Closer – Experimenting with a Wunderkammer of Vanities. MACT/CACT (CH). Curated by Mario
2016 C&F at laltalena, Julia Krahn Studio, Milan (I). Curated by Massimo Kaufmann and Ivano Sossella.
2016 Chaostrophy at Ludwig, Berlin. Curated by Ceven Knowles.
2016 Digitale Abstraktionen, Haus der elektronischen Künste Basel (CH). Curated by Alexandra Adler and Reinhard
Storz (HGK Hochschule für Gestaltung und Kunst) and the platform xcult.org.
2015 ENDinNATION | BACK HOME by StudioDieci. Curated by Lorella Giudici. Museo Francesco Borgogna,
2015 Le latitudini dell’arte II edition, Biennale d’Arte Contemporanea Hungary and Italy. Palazzo Ducale, Sale del
Munizioniere – Genoa (I). Curated by Virginia Monteverde.
2015 Giovanni Dal Monte. Visible music for unheard visions. Il Pomo da Damo. Contemporary Art, Imola (I). Curated
by Luca Beatrice.
2015 Come Closer. Le Manoir, Martigny (CH).
2015 Segrete. Tracce di memoria. Artisti alleati in memoria della Shoah. Palazzo Ducale, Genoa, Italy
2014 Unexpected Visions. Video d’arte internazionale dalla XVII Biennale d’arte di Penne – ed 2013, MUSAP
Foundation. Aurum, Pescara, Italy.
2014 Come Closer. MAMY Modern Art Museum Yerevan. Armenia.
2014 An image collector’s private cabinet. MACT/CACT Arte Contemporanea Ticino (CH).
2014 ENDinNATION |60 piccole pietre by StudioDieci. Museo Civico del marmo. Carrara (I).
2014 The Voice and the Lens. Whitechapel Gallery, London (UK).
2014 ENDinNATION | Andata e Ritorno by StudioDieci. Palazzo Ducale. Genoa (I).
2014 ENDinNATION | ENDinSIDE by StudioDieci. Palazzo Medici Riccardi. Florence (I).
2013 Unexpected stories (between places and walls). Museo Archeologico, Museo Arte Moderna e Contemporanea
(MAMeC) Penne (I). Curated by Antonio Zimarino.
2013Fuori! Artisti/33 artisti celebrano la rivista Sodoma. Fondazione Sandro Penna/Fuori. Torino (I). Curated by
2013 The Solitary Body: self-portraiture in contemporary photography. VV.AA. MACT/CACT (CH). Curated by
2012 Il corpo solitario. L’autoscatto. MUSINF Museo d’arte moderna, dell’informazione, della fotografia. Senigallia
(I). Curated by Giorgio Bonomi.
2012 Brut: Beyond The Outline. Group show with Selina Baumann, Giona Bernardi, Anna Choi, Paul DeFlorian, Pier
Giorgio De Pinto, Martin Disler, Csaba Kis Róka, Parapluie, Valter Luca Signorile, Eduardo Tachado. MACT/CACT
(CH). Curated by Mario Casanova.
2012 Open Studios: Pier Giorgio De Pinto & Dorothee von Rechenberg. Christoph Merian Stiftung Ateliers im
2012 7th Berlin Biennale 2012. VV.AA. Various venues.
2012 Time is Love 5. Different venues: [.Box] Space, Milan, (I). SAVVY Contemporary, Berlin, (DE). Garage 4141
Gallery, San Diego, (US). Rich Mix Foundation and Tiwani Contemporary, London, (UK). The Cornaro Institute,
Larnaca, Cyprus (CY). Galerie Octobre, Paris, (FR). Zet Foundation, Amsterdam, (NL). City Art Gallery, Kharkiv,
Ukraine (UA). Curated by Kisito Assangni.
2010 Everything Is Just Wonderful! Blissland Project Space, Berlin (DE). Group show with Vince Van Geffen, Pier
Giorgio De Pinto, Ulu Braun, Lauraballa, Deena Denaro, Subluxation, Mathias Deutsch. Curated by Antonio Gallucci.
2010 The Portrait Regained. Artists: Donato Amstutz, Mirko Aretini, Fiorenza Bassetti, Jon Campbell, Pier Giorgio De
Pinto, Francesca Guffanti, Andrea La Rocca, Alina Mnatsakanian, Paolo R. Scerri, Martin Sulzer, Veronica Tanzi,
Mauro Valsangiacomo, Massimo Vitangeli. MACT/CACT (CH). Curated by Mario Casanova.
2010 Artisti per la salute, Politecnico di Milano for the Foundation Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori. Derbylius Gallery,
Milano (I). Curated by Marco Maiocchi.
2010 Prix du Quartier des Bains. Freestudios Gallery, Geneva (CH).
2009 Intimacy and Desecration. Group Show with Mirko Aretini, Pier Giorgio De Pinto, Mark Raidpere, Veronica
Tanzi, Artur Zmijewski at MACT/CACT (CH). Curated by Mario Casanova.
2009 Archmur/Sud Est. International Festival Costante Cambiamento, Florence, (I). Curated by Teresa Zurzolo.
2009 FOTOX1000. 8th edition of the International festival of photography in Rome. Curated by Francesco Amorosino.
2009 RomaeuropaFAKEFactory [REFF] A detourned competition: freedom for Remix. Rome (I). Curated by [A]rt is
[O]pen [S]ource (Salvatore Iaconesi/xDxD & Oriana Persico/penelope.di.pixel], Marco Scialdone, DegradArte,
ComputerLaw 2.0, NeRVi and Valeria Bochicchio.
2009 Queer/Schräg. Group Show with Oreet Ashery, Fiorenza Bassetti, Pier Giorgio De Pinto, Daniela Droz, Stefano
Scheda, Marco Villani at MACT/CACT (CH). Curated by Mario Casanova.
2008 Fragile. Magazzini del sale. Palazzo del Podestà, Piazza del Campo, Siena (I). Curated by Sara Paradisi.
2008 Ulisse… oltre le colonne d’Ercole, Fonopoli, Rome (I). Curated by Vincenzo Incenzo.
2007 13x17_ 2007 Edition, Berengo Studio, Murano, Venice, Italy (I). Curated by Elena Agudio, Jean Blanchaert,
Roberta Gaito e Anna Zerbaro.
2007 Art Performance Festival of Landscape and Architecture, Rialtosantambrogio, Rome (I). Curated by Annina
2007 Massive Ducks. Sculptures of ducks for the exhibition promoted by Damien Hirst through his page on
myspace.com site. Hollickwood Studios (UK).
2006 Bienniale 3000 of Sao Paulo. A biennial in which artists take power and exercise their rights to the freedom of
speech and the freedom of image. Project by Fred Forest (BR).
2006 Gallery virtual tour Saatchi gallery, London (UK).
2006 Selfportrait – a show for Bethlehem. Tour Show. MACRO Museo Arte Contemporaneo Rosario (AR). Casoria
Contemporary Art Museum, Naples (I). MAC, Santa Fe, (AR). Festival KlangDrang, Cologne (DE). Performance &
Intermedia Festival at Officyna Art Space Szczecin, the media art exhibition, Szczecin (PL). Al Kahf Art Gallery, Int.
Centre. Bethlehem (IL). Curated by Wilfried Agricola de Cologne.
2006 Fallen Angel. Bellini Arte Gallery. Pisa (I). Curated by Federico Bellini.
2005 13x17_ 2005 Edition, Chiesa S.Severo al Pendino, Naples (I). Curated by Elena Agudio, Jean Blanchaert, Roberta
Gaito e Anna Zerbaro.
2005 Hype Gallery, Assab One, Milan (I). Curated by HP Italia.
2005 13x17_ 2004 Edition. Politecnico di Milano-Campus Bovisa, Milan (I). Curated by Elena Agudio, Jean
Blanchaert, Roberta Gaito e Anna Zerbaro.
2005 13x17_ 2004 Edition. Museo del territorio Biellese, Biella (I). Curated by Elena Agudio, Jean Blanchaert, Roberta
Gaito e Anna Zerbaro.
2005 Progetto Esserci – Padiglione Italia 13X17. A polemic and provocative project to protest against the absence of
the Italian Pavilion at the 51st Biennial Exhibition of Venice, Italy. Chiesetta S.Gallo, Venice (I).
2004 GO! to Zò. Contemporary art study, Zo’ Caffè, Bologna (I). curated by Andrea Cioschi and Antonio D’Orazio.
2003 Biennial Exhibition of Young Artists from the Mediterranean area, Cosmos a sea of artù. Athens (GR). Curated by
2002 Freeshout! Expressive Fair Fest, curated by Federico D’Orazio. Officina Giovani, Cantieri Culturali Ex Macelli,
Prato (I). Curated by Federico D’orazio.
1999 Aitanti. Group show. Performance C.I.T Continuity Identity Theory at Officina Giovani, Ex-Macelli, Prato (I).
Soundtrack by Plastic Violence, video by Elena Foresto, photos by Elisa Gianni. Video Limited Edition published by
Death Paradise Productions. Prato (I). Curated by Massimo Barzagli.
1999 Trasparenze di fine millennio, group show at the Art Fair Pulchra Ecclesia, Brescia (I). Promoted by Gruppo
Masserdotti and 3M Italia.
Transmedia/Special Events-Festivals-Collaborations (selection)
2016 July – Performance at ‘StrofeDipinteDiJazz’ by Liberatorio d’arte Fulvio Zonch; curated by Gianluca Doria,
Sergio Pancaldi and Chiara Spizzamiglio. Laghetti di Romans d’Isonzo, Gorizia (I)
2016 April – Talk & book presentation 6PM Your Local Time at MAXXI Museum, Rome during BNL Media Art
Festival. Curated by Link Center for the Arts of the Information Age, Brescia (I).
2016 February – Fake3D. A tribute to DADA celebrating 100 years. De Pinto contribution to the project
dadaclub.online by Link Art Center.
2015 December – La forme de l’âme. Amae/De Pinto contribution to the project by composer Nadir Vassena. LAC
Lugano Arte e Cultura, Teatrostudio Lugano, Switzerland.
2015 Helicotrema Recorded Audio Festival 2015. Palazzo Grassi, Punta della Dogana, François Pinault Foundation,
2015 Talk and book presentation 6PM Your local time at La Triennale di Milano (I). Curated by Link Center for the
Arts of the Information Age , Brescia (I).
2015 AMAE/De Pinto 58 (+1) INDICES ON THE BODY. Index 42: the phases of the pomegranate. Live stream
performance in collaboration with AMAE and Jean-Luc Nancy.
2015 Me and the Armenian genocide. Workshop with Edmond Habetian at MAMY Modern Art Museum Yerevan.
2015 Music Was My First Love. Performance and interactive audio visual installation for the event 6PM Your local
time. Castle of Brescia, Brescia (I) and De Pinto’s studio (CH).
2015 Call to action #yourXXI. MAXXI Museum, Rome (I).
2014 All Glitched Up as part of BP Loud Tate Britain 2014: Code. Tate Britain, London, UK.
2014 Sommernachtsfest – Summer night’s Gala 2014, Fondation Beyeler, Basel-Riehen. Performer for “Centerpiece” a
long durational performance curated by Marina Abramovic. Casting, selection and training with Lynsey Peisinger and
2014 Helicotrema Recorded Audio Festival 2014. ViaFarini DOCVA, Careof DOCVA, Fonderia Artistica Battaglia,
Istituto dei Cechi di Milano. In collaboration with RAI Radio3.
2014 Oslo Night 2014 Arts Festival at Oslostrasse, Basel. Curated by Haus für elektronische Künste, Basel.
2014 INACT Festival 2014. Strasbourg (FR).
2014 Workshop and Performance. 58+1 Indices on the body. The Living Archive. MACT/CACT (CH)
2014 Schweizerische Plastikausstellung Biel/Expositions Suisses de Sculpture Bienne. Performer for Simone Forti’s
2014 L’Ora Blu Format Video_Projection of It’s all about Love for the second Episode “Le conseguenze dell’amare”
(The implications of loving). Accademia delle Belle Arti di Bologna, Italy.
2014 Late at Tate Britain. Animated 3D gif image for the event Art meets film: Moving image. Tate Britain, London,
2013 Oslo Night 2013 Arts Festival at Oslostrasse, Basel. Special Event BYOB. Interactive installation in the industrial
hall RaumD. Curated by Haus für elektronische Künste Basel.
2013 AMAE/DE PINTO present on the occasion of Spuren 2.0 symposium at E-WERK in Freiburg (D) 58 (+1) indices
on the body Index N.17_Proximity and Distance.
2013 AMAE/DE PINTO present, on the occasion of _ENCOUNTERS EXHIBITION at @AE Harris, Birmingham 58
(+1) indices on the body (UK) Index n.10_The unity of a touch.
2013 AMAE/DE PINTO present at the Kommunales Kino Gallery in Freiburg (D) 58 (+1) indices on the body Index
N.17_Proximity and Distance.
2012 Visuals for Femina Faber on the occasion of the concert at l’Usine/Kalvingrad, Geneva, CH.
2012 Visuals for Femina Faber. Live at MIAAO Museo Internazionale delle Arti Applicate Oggi, Turin (I).
2012 Video Contribution to the project Where is the sun, now and here and there by Monika Sennhauser (CH).
2012 BYOB (Bring Your Own Beamer). Images Festival des Arts Visuels de Vevey. (CH).
2012 Visuals for Femina Faber on the occasion of the concert at CACT Aamplexum mentis- ut cosmo concordant voces
2012 Video for Giona Bernardi on the occasion of his compilation of digital animations.
2012 Transiti. Video from the MACT Collection for the showreel at [.BOX], Milano (I).
2012 Video for Geberit. On the occasion of the Spazio Geberit, Fuorisalone 2012. Milano, Brera Design District.
2012 4-channels video for Fiorenza Bassetti on the occasion of her solo show Fleur du Male, CACT (CH).
2012 BZS74PT117. Video for Miki Tallone (CH) on the occasion of her participation to Little Constellation project.
Presentation of the Little Constellation dvd box at dOCUMENTA (13), Kassel (D), August 2012. Published by Mousse.
2012 Video for Giona Bernardi’s video works/performances on the occasion of his showreel at CACT (CH).
2011 Festival Tec Art Eco 03. Performance and workshop Augustinian Melody with Chiara Guidi and Scott Gibbons,
Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio at MAGA Museum, Gallarate, Milan (I).
2011 Festival for Fanzines and Self-published Books, Marguerite Duras Library in Paris (FR).
2011 My Home has a golden Guest. Site specific installation and long durational performance. Sound environment by
Andrew Zealley produced by PSBEUYS (Toronto, CA). MACT/CACT (CH).
2011 Pneuma. Performance at CACT with the choreographer Sara Nesti and the musician Giovanni Dal Monte.
2011 Workshop Spatial Data Art, Urban computing, Geo-Mapping, Social patterns with Prof. Mauro Martino of MIT in
Boston (Barabási Lab at Center for Complex Network Research; Harvard University, Boston). i2A International
Institute of Architecture, Vico Morcote (CH).
2011 1st International Bienne/Biel City Zine Weeks (CH).
2011 Il sangue segreto delle cose (The secret blood of things). Video-interview of Mario Casanova to Francesca
Guffanti. Directed and curated by Pier Giorgio De Pinto.
2011 Le Dee (Goddesses). Video for the solo show of Francesca Gufffanti.
2011 Co-ordinator for the video screening and lecture-presentation of Mirko Aretini’s work. The invited guests to
lecture are the historian and critic curator Angela Madesani and Jean-Marie Reynier, artist, critic and curator for I
Sotterranei dell’Arte (CH). MACT/CACT(CH).
2011 Co-ordinator for the video screening Time is Love 4 at MACT/CACT(CH). Curator K. Assangni.
2011 Co-ordinator for the round table at MACT/CACT(CH). (un)real spaces of contemporary art.
2010 Free from the men of God, video for the Album Superanima by Giovanni Dal Monte. (I).
2010 E donna fu. Video for Performance against violence on womenù. Performer Cinzia Ravaglia. Imola (I).
2010 25° LGBT Festival. World première of It’s all about Love, video with Franko B. Turin, (I).
2010 A gift for you. Special digital media project forMACT/CACT(CH).
2010 Resonance(s): live set for A Deleuze and Guattari Conference, Istanbul (TR).
2010 Intimacy and Desecration. The Post-Technological Society, lecture by Mario Casanova at Accademia di Belle Arti
di Urbino (I).
2010 A gift for you! Project, on invitation, for Prix du QuARTier Des Bains, Geneva, (CH).
2009 Sicilian Yell for Ayaan Hirsi Ali, video for Superanima by Giovanni Dal Monte (I).
2009 Visual for Femina Faber, aka Paola Bianchi feat. 3vor & Luca Valisi (Ludmila), Milan (I).
2009 Tekfestival 2009 Première of the video WYSIWYL- What You See Is What You Listen (to)? ROME (I) and for
Emoporn, video session Agender: VJing project at the after party of Tekfestival with Francesco (Warbear) Macarone
Palmieri. Rome (I).
2009 Art work and CD sleeve for Lenz project by Sifir (Zafer Aracagök) (TR).
2009 Art work and CD sleeve for KOG project (Sifir+murmurists+Johanna Kirsch) released by White Label Music
2008 A sonic experience /the role is over the play has ended/ video for KOG project (Sifir, murmurists, Johanna Kirsch)
2008 Amore Elettrico Project (SPAM Italohispano Ed.). Web project for Gayumbos Blog. (ES).
2008 11 visual for Pisszine Party, Milan (I).
2008 The pink side of Robots visual for La Roboterie, Rome-Milan (I).
2008 Amore Elettrico video screened by RAI TV for the 1st May concert in Piazza San Giovanni, Rome to celebrate
the labour day (I).
2008 One or Several Deleuzes? Visual for Sifir Performance, Deleuze Studies Conference, Cardiff University (UK).
2008 Clear Skies & Dark Skies video for the self-titled track from Chemism, for Massimo and Pierce of Black Sun
2008 Tekfestival Roma Pride, Cinema Trevi, Sala Alberto Sordi, Cineteca Nazionale, Rome (I).
2007 Hysterie Prod. presents Carte blanche à Phag Off/Tekfestival (Rome) for Rencontres UEEH Lesbigaytransqueer,
2007 Spaces and Places: Tensions of a Paradigm organised by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Forschung
phänomenologische at the University of Darmstadt (DE).
2007 Bodies of Immanence video. Collaboration with the artist Sifir for the performance Divide by Zero organised by
Deleuze Studies, showed at the English Research Institute, MMU, Manchester, (UK).
2007 Amore Elettrico, video for the artist Fabio Cinti, produced by the italian musician Morgan (I).
2007 David Tibet at the Stibbert Museum. Video, photo set for David Tibet (Current 93), Florence (I).
2007 Marie Nascenti + Phantom Relatives, video for Angelo Visone, Fabrizio Modonese Palumbo, Daniela Bedeski,
Paola Bianchi, (I).
2007 Fading away till disappearing photo set for the artist Mariae Nascenti, Turin (I).
2007 “R” video for the artists Fabrizio Modonese Palumbo, Ango, 3vor, Julia Kent and Baby Dee (Antony and the
Johnsons), Turin (I).
2007 Tekfestival, international showcase of independent and social cinema, Rome (I).
2005 Amnios, performance and dance film show with the choreographer Alessandra Palma di Cesnola, La Limonaia
Theatre, Sesto Fiorentino, Florence (I).
2004 Re-Pression. Sound & video with Plastic Violence. Association Poid Pois, Prato (I).
2002 Death Paradise project, with Francesca Materazzi and Fabrizio Paolillo. Independent label and artistic
performative organization: performances, videos and graphic design for the fanzine Surveillance Society(I).
2002 Virus Me_Coltura invisibile at the third edition of the art and music festival Boccheggiano in strada, Grosseto (I).
1999 Concerto per pianoforte e tentacoli, sarabanda per mercato e disastro of the Sound & Colours Ensemble. Long
durational performance with Massimo Barzagli, Giulio Capiozzo, Pape Gurioli and the dancer Luisa Cortesi.
Experimental Theatre of Ancona (I).
1999 Workshop by artists Massimo Barzagli and Mikulas Rachlik at Cantieri Culturali Ex Macelli, Prato (I).
AMAE Art Collective London (UK) with the philosopher Jean-Luc Nancy (F) for the project 58(+1) Indices on the
CACT -Centre of Contemporary Art in Canton Ticino, in Bellinzona, Switzerland.
MACT – Museumof Contemporary Art in Canton Ticino, in Bellinzona, Switzerland.
CACTyou! Project -Since October 2010, De Pinto has been working as a co-ordinator and manager of events and other
initiatives collateral to the exhibition programmes at the CACT.
From November 2010, De Pinto is managing the CACTyou! project and editing the graphic design for CACTyou!
Fanzine in collaboration with CACT. For 2012 De Pinto is the curator and graphic designer for the new editorial
product CACT Cahiers d’Art.
Media Training Courses And Didactic Activities at MACT/CACT. De Pinto is coaching graphic design with lessons on
the well-known software programs such as Adobe Photoshop©, Illustrator©, Indesign©, Premiere©. He is also teaching
managing data and independent creativity to artists.
Mediamus – Schweizer Netzwerk für Kulturvermittlerinnen und Kulturvermittler im Museum und in verwandten
Collaboration with Mediamus as coordinator for the cultural mediation program of CACT for «Croiser les regards»
Transdisciplinarity in cultural mediations.
International Museum Day 2012 Co-ordinator and curator of the event The Living Museum during the day for the
International Museum Day 2012 at MACT/CACT, Bellinzona, Tessin, Switzerland. kultur-vermittlung.ch – Personal
profile page for projects in cultural mediation.
ArsPolis -Association in Lugano. Pier Giorgio De Pinto was appointed artistic director and curator in charge of ArsPolis
2011, event 1 in Lugano, Switzerland. Thanks to the curatorial project Extimacy The familiar stranger. Real, Symbolic
and Imaginary of the Other Arspolis has been selected for the Swiss Exhibition Award 2011.
Curatorial projects and cultural collaborations (selection)
– Mybodyisyourbody Project (How Many Drops For Chaos?) Long durational performance and video streaming by
Ivan Lupi for the AMAE project, 2013
– co-curator with Mario Casanova for the show Subtle Psycho-Geographies: A Calvary for the Image. Felice Filippini
& Jean Corty, Martin Disler, Otto Dix, Aurelio Gonzato, Hermann Hesse, Apollonio Pessina, Luigi Rossi, Louis
Soutter, Varlin. MACT/CACT, CH. 2012
– Femina Faber (I) live concert/performance at CACT amplexum mentis- ut cosmo concordent voces. MACT/CACT
– Stella Goldschmit (FR) TOO LATE Performance by and with Stella Goldschmit at MACT/CACT, CH.
– New editorial product for CACT: CACT Cahiers d’Art 2012.
– Spazio polivalente Pescara. Documentary on the activities of MACT/CACT. Italy, 2012.
-CACTYOU! Project. Development of mediation and on international cultural exchange within a specific geographic
reality. MACT/CACT. 2012
-Collaboration between CACT and Mediamus association. 2012
-Media Training courses and didactic activities at MACT/CACT. 2012
– ArsPolis 1. Extimity. The familiar stranger. Real, Symbolic and Imaginary of the Other. Lugano, Switerland. 2011.
Cultural event and group exhibition in Lugano (CH). September 2011. Artists: Katia Bassanini (CH), Giona Bernardi
(CH), Ivana Falconi (CH), Fabrizio Giannini (CH), Aglaia Haritz (CH), Andrea La Rocca (I), Parapluie (CH), Luigi
Presicce (I), Andres Senra (ES), Laura Solari e Plinio-Natale Cemento-Müller (CH), Stella Goldschmit (FR), Suka Off
(PL), Rafaël Rozendaal (NL), Miki Tallone (CH), Veronica Tanzi (CH), Massimo Vitangeli (I), Artur Zmijewski (PL).
– Activity Guide for CACT since February 2011.
– Critic text for the catalogue Pre-Post Actions in YouPorn Categories of Sex. Group exhibition at Blissland Project
Space in Berlin (DE). February 2011.
– Fanzine CACTyou! Since November 2010 for CACT.
– The Living Room at 5 O’clock. Special events and project rooms at CACT since October 2010.
Grants, Awards, Special Jury mentions and invitations (selection)
– Selected for Call to action #yourXXI. MAXXI Museum, Rome (I).
– Performer for “Centerpiece” a long durational performance curated by Marina Abramovic. Casting, selection and
training with Lynsey Peisinger and Rebecca Davis. Summer night’s Gala 2014, Fondation Beyeler, Basel-Riehen. 2014
– Glitch art digital image selected for All Glitched Up as part of BP Loud Tate Britain 2014: Code. Tate Britain,
London, UK, 2014
– Helicotrema Recorded Audio Festival. 58(+1) Indices on the body project (I). Selected with AMAE Art Collective
– Animated 3D gif image selected for the event Late at Tate Britain. Art meets film: Moving image. Tate Britain,
– INACT Festival 2014, selected together with AMAE Art Collective (UK). Strasbourg (FR), 2014
– Exhibition Hidden Geographies selected for the Swiss Exhibition Award 2011.
– Special mention REFF RomaeuropaFAKEFactory 2009-2010 (I).
– Selected by CACT to partecipate to Prix du Quartier des Bains, Geneva (CH), 2010
– Mocambo Tv Prize, Best videoclip 2008 for Amore Elettrico (Videoclip for the artist Fabio Cinti). Rome (I).
– Contest Ulisse… oltre le colonne d’Ercole, Fonopoli, Rome (I), 2007.
– Ofelia Festival, Pistoia (I), 2007.
– Moon Tale Festival, Pistoia (I), 2006.
– Visionaria 2006, Siena (I), 2006.
– Contest Art-Casting, promoted by a group of international artists from the Visual Arts Faculty of the Architecture
Institute of Venice University (IUAV). Jury composed of: Angela Vettese, Cesare Pietroiusti, Pierluigi Sacco, Carlo
Montanaro, Saverio Simi de Burgis. Cultural performance made for the 51st Biennial of Venice (I), 2005
-GAI – Young Italian Artists group show for Florence (I), 2001.
-Canon Digital Contest in Tokyo (JP), 2001.
-Prize Officina Rivadossi for Trasparenze di fine millennio, Brescia (I), 2001.
- Selected for Targetti Art Light Prize,
Florence, 2000. - Centro Studi S. Egidio award, Florence, 1998
- Gino Signori Award, Prato, 1997 - Winner of “XI Conc. Suessa degli Aurunci”, Accademia del Fiorino, Prato, 1997
- Winner of “Gran Trofeo Etrusco Il Guerriero”, Accademia del Fiorino, Prato, 1997 (I). - Diploma “Accademico
d’Onore” dall’Accademia del Fiorino, Prato, 1997. Winner of graphic design and painting for Prize AICS “G.Pescetti”, Palazzo Pretorio, S. Fiorentino (I).- International
Award for Painting, graphic design and sculpture, at Salone SAP; Sindacato della Polizia, P.zza del Carmine, , 1996,
- La Telaccia d’Oro Prize, Torino, 1996.
-Exhibition Arspolis 1. Extimity. The familiar stranger. Real, Symbolic and Imaginary of the Other selected for the
Swiss Exhibition Award 2011.
Publications, Bibliography, Critic Texts, Interviews, Archives (selection)
– Exhibition catalogue refresh01 – #LAYERS. Curated by Fabio Paris, Produced by Link Art Center.
– Exhibition catalogue Digitale Abstraktionen, ebook. A coproduction of xcult.org, the Art Institute of the Academy of
Art and Design in Basel FHNW and HeK (House of Electronic Arts Basel).
– Exhibition catalogue Cazziefighe, Emmegi Contemporary, Milano, Edizioni Tiratura Limita, June 2016– Article on
the exhibition CazzieFighe, Frattura Scomposta, Contemporary Art Magazine, August/September 2016
– Article on Artmapp – Das Kunstmagazin für Entdecher, Germany. March 2016
– Article, magazine for ILSREC Istituto Ligure per la Storia della Resistenza e dell’ Età Contemporanea (Ligurian
Institute for the History of Resistance and Contemporary Age). January 2016
– Critic text Vita, morte e rinascita. In una mostra in Ticino. (Life, Death, Ribirth. In an exhibition in Ticino). Text by
Simona Squadrito for Artribune. January 2016
– Critic text “FRAUGHT. Esplorazioni dello stato arcaico al MACT/CACT” by Erica Romano for Artnoise. December
– Article Vedere in Canton Ticino, Il Giornale dell’Arte October/December 2015
– Article Almanacco – Eventi da non perdere. Touring Club Italiano, November 2015
– Exhibition catalogue 6PM Your Local Time. Curated by Link Center for the Arts of the Information Age , Brescia (I).
– Book MACT/CACT Cahier d’art #10. MACT/CACT Collection 1994-2015. September 2015
– Exhibition catalogue Le latitudini dell’arte II edition, Hungary and Italy. Biennale d’Arte Contemporanea. Palazzo
Ducale, Sale del Munizioniere, Genoa (I). July 2015
– Interview for Music was my first love/6pmeu by Petra Mazzoni, Rete Tre RSI, Swiss Italian Radio Television (CH).
– Interview Passo a prenderti by Francesca Margiotta with Mario Casanova. Rete Uno. RSI, Switzerland. April 2015
– Text and images contribution for Dialogo fra artisti e sociologi – Dialog between artists and sociologists. Curated by
Patrizia Bonardi. March 2015
– Interview by Blauer Hase for Helicotrema Recorded Audio Festival. 58(+1) Indices on the body project. September
– Exhibition catalogue The Voice and the Lens. Whitechapel Gallery, London, UK. June 2014
– Article The time-specific era. A rare case of video art distributor in Italy: Visualcontainer. MyTemplart Magazine.
– Book MACT/CACT Cahier d’art #5. Around human geographies. November 2013
– Magazine Segno n.246, Italian Art Magazine. The solitary Body. October-November 2013
– Interview by Froxeanne for Interferenz: The Frozen Autumn & Calembour Records Radio Show on
– Interview by Annabelle Boko for her Chance Encounters Interviews. 2013
– Text contribution for Curare il curatore/ To cure the curator by Virginia Zanetti. 2013
– Interview for the show Subtle Psycho-Geographies: A Calvary for the Image. 2012. RSI, Swiss Italian Radio
– Interview with Alexander Grass for MACT: ein alternativer Kunstbetrieb. 2012. Schweizer Radio DRS.
– Book Il corpo solitario. L’autoscatto nella fotografia contemporanea. Giorgio Bonomi. Rubbettino Editore. 2012
– Book Intimacy and Desecration by Mario Casanova. CACT Publications (CH), 2012 (The entire series of CACTyou!
Fanzine is now preserved in the Archive of the Swiss National Library).
– Publication CACTyou! Fanzine #4 Shunga. Massimo Vitangeli. CACT Publications, (CH). November 2011
– Publication CACTyou! Fanzine #3 Little Riding Hood. CACT Publications, (CH). August 2011
– Publication CACTyou! Fanzine #2 Confused Boyfriend (PONY boy’s toys). Andrea La Rocca. CACT Publications,
(CH). May 2010
– Interview for Cult TV, by Stefano Roncoroni. January 2011. RSI, Swiss Italian Television (CH).
– Digital book OLE Officina di Letteratura Elettronica_PAN Palazzo Arti Napoli (I). Atelier Multimediale Editrice.
– Publication CACTyou! Fanzine #1 Vedova Nera, Aglaia Haritz. CACT Publications, (CH). Feb. 2010
– Interview Datè, Geneva (CH), 2010
– Interview by Paola Pettinati. La Regione Ticino (CH) 30th october 2010 Il pubblico in mostra.
– Publication CACTyou! Fanzine #Zero Persona. CACT Publications, (CH). November 2010. The publication is in The
Network of Libraries and Information Centers in Switzerland (NEBIS) and preserved in the Swiss National Library.
– Book RomaeuropaFAKEFactory [REFF]. Edizioni DeriveApprodi, (I), 2010
– Article Corpus, by Anna Mazzucco for art.e eXtra, Corriere del Ticino (CH), 2010
– Catalogue Artisti per la Salute by Marco Malocchi. Milan (I), 2010
– Catalogue 25° GLBT Festival Torino, (I), 2010
– Article Tra Corpo e Mente, PRIDE magazine (I). February 2010
– Publication Episodic nature of my-self, Rubric:Grid issue 2, (UK). December 2009
– Article La Societ del Sentimento, LaRegione Ticino (CH). November 2009 and Ticino Magazine, (CH) n°3, June
– Archive Gruppo Sinestetico, Padova (I), 2009
– Magazine Rivista Segno (I). Agosto 2009
– Limited Edition book+dvd with Sifir (aka (Zafer Aracagök) 3D-me/thread me for the book Eve Dönmek
Istemiyorum/ I Don’t Want to Go back Home. Istanbul, (TR) 2009
– Article Maria Llopis. Where to loose oneself is erotic and to find oneself is political: Emoporn, May 2009
– Catalogue Tekfestival 2009, Rome (I) Catalogue. -Tekfestival 2007 (I)
– Book I want to be a suicide bomber. (TR) March 2009
– Interview by Gayumbos (ES) October 2008
– Article Italia odia: il cinema italiano può sparare. CSC-Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia di Roma (I), 2008
– Catalogue Ulisse… oltre le colonne d’Ercole (I), 2008
– Catalogue Fragile, Siena (I) 2008
– Publication/Fanzine Pisszine n.1, (I) 2007
– Article Ai confini del mondo: l’Occidente nei film, (I) Corriere della Sera, 30 aprile 2007
– Archive Cineteca Nazionale Alberto Sordi and Cinema Trevi, CSC, Centro Sperimentale Cinematografia di Roma,
– Article Digicult – the Italian magazine for digital culture, N.21, (I) 2007
– Review for Self Portrait by Irene Coremberg (Buenos Aires), Show at MAC in Santa Fe, (AR) 2006
– Critic text by Giuseppe Carrubba Pier Giorgio De Pinto, The image in the mirror for BTA, N.426, (I), 2006
– Digital publication Frattura Scomposta, n.07, (I) 2006
– Article on Flash Art (aprile-maggio 2005) (I).
– Article on Sacer Project, Mescalina Arte, (I), 2005
– Art Database AND & VAD (Artists & Video Art Database). Archive by Wilfired Agricola de Cologne (DE).
– Article on Blow Up, Musica rock ed Altre contaminazioni (I) n.60, 2003 and n.71, 2004
– Exhibition catalogue Biennale Adriatica Arti Nuove, (I) 2004
– Publication/Fanzine Surveillance Society n.1 e n. 2, (I) 2002
– Review on Trasparenze di fine millennio. Winner project published on the architecture magazine Chiesa oggi, n.53,
Di Baio Publisher, (I) 2001.