Work start date: 03/09/2007 Work end date: 21/12/2007 Client
Work start date: 03/09/2007
Work end date: 21/12/2007
Client. PARROCCHIA DEI SANTI FILIPPO E GIACOMO in Cortina D’Ampezzo, represented by the
Deacon Don Davide Fiocco.
Designer. Arch. Ghedini Gianluca.
General contractor. Dottor Group SpA.
Coordinator for Security. Arch. Gianluca Ghedini.
Location: VIA DEL MERCATO 12 - 32042 CORTINA D'AMPEZZO (BL) .
The building is located in the central area of Cortina, on the shelf from the current Via Cesare Battisti
and Corso Italy
History of the factory
The first document which it finds the church D'Ampezzo is 1208. Several other sources from 1300 to
accredit as one of the most important of Cadore. The original church was enlarged several times in the
centuries to come: the first significant intervention is dated 1576-77, then in 1769 was the decision to
broaden the two aisles. The plant stands, with one nave, was completed in 1775 around the old
building, which was reserved only the altar, until it was possible to celebrate the new features, made of
1773 from Mussack jr, wood stuccolusto decorated. The murals of the nave, is the time of the wall, and
dating back to the same era, were entrusted to the painter Franz Anton Zeiler, while popular in the
Starting from 1928 the church was the subject of numerous restorations, from the cover sheet coated
copper, the addition of two portichetti the inputs side, the decorations of plaster, the total resurfacing of
the pavement. During the excavations came to light as the remains of the three previous churches, and
a large central crypt with numerous human remains inside. In 1974, during the bicentennial, the course
had an impressive work of restoration of the frescoes, paintings and altars, as well as cleaning and
rehabilitation of the building and upgrading plant.
Type of intervention: 1st part – Restoration for the conservation of the church and renovation of the
heating and electrical systems.
Structural/architectural and artistic intervention: The intervention consists in the dismantling and
cataloguing of the wooden altars and monumental confessionals, for their subsequent repositioning; in
the removal of the recent floor (of the 50’s) in red granite; execution of the archaeological excavations
with stratification studies of the ground layer to be brought to light, survey and mapping sedimentation
of the preceding churches and burials; development of a ground heating system and new flooring with
local stones (Dolomia cristallina del Serla); reorganization of the chancel area; cleaning of stone
elements; renovation of the service rooms – heating system located in the underground, below the