Place and date of birth: Avellino, Italy, 18 October 1971
Address: Ruhlplein 6, 3090, Overijse, Belgium
E-mail address: [email protected]
Personal website: www.colucci.eu
IEL website: www.ielaws.com
Since 1995: Lawyer
Practicing in the field of International Labour Law, EU Law, and Sports Law.
Defending clients before ordinary and sports judges.
Providing them with legal advice.
2002 – 2006: Member of the Legal Service of the European Commission, Brussels.
In charge of the simplification (codification and recast) of the acquis communautaire.
Assisting officers in dealing with cases before the European Court of Justice.
2001: Associate at Tonucci Law Firm, Rome, (Italy).
Member of the Labour Law and Sports Law Department.
1998- 1999: Associate at Baker & McKenzie Law Firm, Rome (Italy).
Member of the Labour Law Department.
Positions in Sports Arbitration Panels:
Since 2008: Member of the EHF- ECA (European Handball federation- Court of Arbitration).
Since 2002: Member of the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber, Zurich.
Judging on more than 100 cases per year on International transfers of players and training
• Since 2007: Associate General Editor of the International Encyclopaedia of Laws, (www.ielaws.com),
Kluwer Law International.
Co-ordinating - under the supervision of the General Editor - 1156 Law Professors and Lawyers
Since 2004: Director and Founder of Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport (www.rdes.it).
Directing a Scientific Board and an Editorial Board of 10 Law Professors and 16 Editors.
• Since 2004: Member of the editorial board of the:
- International Sports Law Journal, Asser Instituut, The Hague.
- Comparative Labor Law and Policy Journal, Illinois (USA).
- Revue du Droit de l’Union européenne, Clément Juglar, Paris.
- Rivista di Diritto delle Relazioni Industriali, Giuffré, Milan.
• 2009: Professor of European Union Law and Social Policy, Lessius, Antwerp, Belgium.
• Since 2007: Visiting Professor of International and European Sports Law, Tilburg University (The
• Since 2007: Visiting Professor in International Labour Law at Marco Biagi Foundation (Modena, Italy).
• Since 2006: Professor of European Law at the College of Europe, Parma, Italy, co- chair of EU History,
Institutions, and EU legal system.
• Since 2006: Visiting Professor of International and European Sports Law, ISDE – Madrid.
• 2008: Adjunct Professor of European Union Law, John Marshall Law School of Chicago, USA.
• 2007: Visiting Professor of International Sports Law at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
• 2002: University of Salerno, Italy, Ph.D in European and Comparative Labour Law.
• 2001: University of Illinois, College of Law, USA, LL. M. in Cyber Law.
• 1997: Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, D.E.S. in European Law, cum laude.
• 1997: Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, LL.M. in International Law.
• 1996: Katholieke Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, LL.M. in Legal Theory, cum laude.
• 1995: University of Salerno, Italy, Law degree, 110/110.
Italian mother tongue.
Fluent in English and French.
Good knowledge of Dutch.