english holiday homeworkaf 14
ENGLISH HOLIDAY HOMEWORK
1. In the morning, go to walk by the sea sometimes, in total solitude: look at how the sun reflects in it
and think about the things you love most in life, feel happy.
2. Try to use all the new terms that we have learned together this year: the more things you can say, the
more things you can think of and the more things you can think of, the more you are free.
3. Read as much as you can, but not because you have to. Read because summer inspires dreams and
adventures and by reading you can feel like swallows in flight. Read because it is the best form of
revolt that you have (ask me if you would like any suggestions for reading material).
4. Avoid all things, situations and people that make you feel negative or empty: look for challenging
situations and the company of friends who broaden your horizons and who understand and appreciate
you for who you are.
5. If you feel sad or scared, do not worry: the summer, as all other wonderful things, worries the soul.
Try to write a diary to express how you feel (in September, if you like, we will read it together)
6. Dance. Without shame. Just outside your house, or in your room. Summer is a dance, and it is
foolish not to take part.
7. At least once, go to see the sunrise. Stay silent and breathe. Close your eyes, in appreciation.
8. Do a lot of sport.
9. If you find a person who enchants you then tell them with as much sincerity and grace as you
possibly can; no matter whether he or she will understand or not. If he or she does not understand,
then he/she was not your destiny; if he/she does understand then the summer of 2015 will be a
beautiful time to share together (if this goes wrong, go back to step 8).
10. Look over your notes taken in our classes: for each author and each concept ask yourself questions
and relate then to what happens to you.
11. Be as cheerful as the sun and as untameable as the sea.
12. Do not use swear words and always be polite and kind.
13. Watch films with poignant dialogues (possibly in English) to improve your language skills and your
ability to dream. Do not let the film end with the credits. Relive it whilst you live your summer.
14. In the shining light of day or on warm nights, dream how your life must and can be: in the summer
look for the strength to never give up anything, and do everything you can to pursue that dream.
15. Be good.
( by Giuseppe Catà, an English teacher at the Don Bosco high school in Fermo )
Cari allievi, cercate di seguire questi steps:
comprendere le indicazioni sopracitate,
metterle in pratica,
raccogliere tutto ilmateriale possibile in lingua inglese originale(opuscoli, brochures, filmati, citazioni, link,
app…)da condividere con la classe al rientro,
scegliere un tema a piacere, possibilmente inerente il vostro settore, elaboratelo in lingua inglese nella
forma che più preferite (testo discorsivo, mappa concettuale, cartellone, presentazione con powerpoint,
collage di immagini, parole, video …)
l’originalità sarà premiata
buon lavoro e buon divertimento.
Pedretti Orietta Lorena